VP of Operations
- Full Time
- Columbus, GA
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Vice President of Operations is the executive management leader responsible for achieving operations teams’ growth, service and quality objectives for our customers. This leader has broad accountabilities and oversee supply chain, operations, distribution and quality for a multi-site medical device assembler and distributor. The ideal candidate will be a natural leader with deep supply chain experience in the medical device industry that has worked in high mix, high volume assembly and distribution.
- Responsible for the profitable growth and management of the supply chain and operations teams to achieve financial growth objectives including gross and net margin.
- Lead all supply chain, distribution and quality functions for a multisite domestic assembly and distribution facilities with hands on oversight of planning, sourcing/procurement, production/assembly management, distribution and quality departments.
- Establish, implement, and communicate the strategic direction of the organization’s operations division.
- Responsible for team development, recruiting, hiring, training and developing managers and direct reports.
- Establish goals and drive accountability to performance across all operating functions.
- Perform long-term planning for capacity, scalability and resources (facilities, people, systems, equipment) to achieve growth objectives and work with finance to plan / secure funding. Develop scalable performance teams that can quickly flex to support scaled demand across all functions. Detailed understanding of labor models, costing
- Ensures that systems are in place to support the overall strategic needs of the business and improve overall efficiency, reporting and analytical requirements.
- Lead teams to identify, design/solution, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve efficiencies, controls and quality. Work with Continuous Improvement, Quality, operations leadership and IT to define, plan and implement opportunities through goal realization.
- Establish, communicate, and implement operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Own budget planning, management and performance for the department.
- Manage performance metrics and reporting to proactively identify service or quality issues. Use real-time data to manage and measure operating performance to drive accountability to SLA’s and customer performance standards.
- Creatively solve new opportunities to align customer demand with operational execution. Identify innovative technology, processes and automation opportunities to drive scalable performance reducing labor, increasing quality and driving throughput.
- Lead speed to revenue initiatives, identifying ways to formalize scaled processes to introduce new products/services quickly to achieve revenue plan.
- Manage Maintain key client relationship and assist clients in solving integrating operating/supply chain initiatives. Manage and resolve escalated Client Concerns to client satisfaction.
- Oversight over inventory management and driven to introduce new methods to manage inventory quality, accuracy and efficiency.
- Understand innovative supply chain and operational processes and systems and able motivate teams to identify, solution and implement improved performance models leveraging processes, systems, automation and ERP systems.
- Strategically work with HR, Finance, IT and Sales to create cooperative solutions for systematic change and growth.
- Work with Finance to understanding costs/performance and financial implications. Resolve costing/inventory issues.
- Drive quality functions in all areas of the business and hold teams accountable to exceeding all quality standards.
- Manage key supplier relationships and negotiate key contracts with supply chain teams.
- Oversee new customer implementation and confirm operating procedures are accurately established to achieve performance SLA’s.
- Own standard costs modeling with finance and work with finance to optimize cost structures across material, labor, freight and overhead.
- Approve labor modifications in costing model.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Achieve budget, revenue and EBITDA plan.
- Ensure scalabilities for all Operational areas.
- Achieve client performance standards to contract.
- Achieve quality standards.
- Grow, develop, and manage team members to achieve their objectives.
- 15 + years of experience in managing operating teams of 200 – 500+ employees
- 10+ years in Healthcare / medical disposables, sterile product management with high attention to quality in a high mix / high volume multi-facility operation.
- Direct managed all key supply chain and operations functions spanning planning, sourcing/procurement, production management, distribution management, quality, facilities, safety.
- Managed cross functional project transformations, ERP system implementations
- APICS, and or related certification
- 10+ years’ Experience managing multi-site assembly and distribution facilities with a national footprint
- Extremely strong process and systems understanding supporting supply chain planning through execution.
- Data driven and demonstrated experience in using analytics to drive performance standards, improvements and financial modeling.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Engineering, or other industry-related field required; MBA preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in medical device and/or other FDA regulated industries.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org