Senior Product Development Manager
- Full Time
- Columbus, GA
Responsible for managing new product and literature design requests from the Sales team. The position involves the design of new kit configurations, sourcing of products, artwork development and coordination, procurement of samples, building and distribution of kit samples, development of bill of materials and other various related types of activities associated with finding creative solutions for customers in the area of marketing materials, collection devices and specimen collection kits. Train and manage Product Development team.
Summary of essential job functions
· Identify and develop training opportunities.
· Monitor and track Product Development activities.
· Train new Product Development team members.
· Develop new specimen collection kits based on the specific issue of the customer.
· Coordinate design, setup artwork, obtain pricing and lead times for all marketing materials to include print and promotional items when requested from sales team or customer.
· Ensure kits meet appropriate transportation regulations.
· Build and develop relationships with current and potential suppliers.
· Procure and obtain pricing for items needed for kits and marketing materials.
· Negotiate pricing and terms needed to assist sales team in closing new business based on the customers target price needed or competitive market prices.
· Effectively communicate with sales team and customer to identify customer pain points and present final solution.
· Finalize Bill of Materials, product labeling and kit components for new account closings.
· Coordinate artwork design and revisions between customer, sales team and vendors.
· Set up new items in ERP.
· Coordinate new item set up with Purchasing to ensure accurate pricing, quantities and availability for customer.
· Maintain the most current knowledge of specimen transport requirements for couriers and carriers.
Bachelor Degree Preferred
Procurement and/or Product Management Experience
Strong PC skills including use of MS Office applications
Strong attention to detail
Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
Good communication skills, both oral and written
Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com