Senior Procurement Specialist
- Full Time
- Columbus, GA
POSITION OVERVIEW: Manage procurement activities of raw materials including forecast planning, quality and inventory. Ensure adequate inventory of materials and products in accordance with inventory cycles and organizational philosophy. Manages the planning of raw material needs through analysis and scheduling of finished goods. Maintains relationships with vendors and negotiates the terms of the purchase order.
- Forecast procurement needs.
- Continually develop expertise to support growth for new projects.
- Order materials and services as per negotiated and appropriately approved. Review quotations.
- Negotiate purchase requisitions, approve and issues purchase orders in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain proper procurement attributes of items based on company buying philosophies.
- Track Purchasing activity and measurements.
- Manage vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships.
- Assist department in developing and implementing purchasing strategies for products.
- Responsible for planning, developing and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost effective manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
- Manage the procurement setup of New Product and Product Change implementations.
- Ability to train on all aspects of the procurement process.
- Ability to recognize issues and develop solutions for continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to analyze data
- Strong communication skills
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution preferred
- All prospective employees must pass a background and drug check.
- Procurement Certification preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com