Senior Procurement Specialist
- Full Time
- Columbus, GA
POSITION OVERVIEW: Manages procurement activities of raw materials including forecast planning, quality and inventory. Ensures adequate inventory of materials and products in accordance with inventory cycles and organizational philosophy. Manages the planning of raw material needs through analysis and scheduling of finished goods. Maintains relationships with vendors and negotiates the terms of the purchase order.
- Forecasts procurement needs of medical devices and supplies
- Sources materials within the United States, as well as internationally if necessary
- Continually develops expertise to support growth for new projects
- Procures medical devices and supplies in support of the production of items used in clinical trials and laboratories
- Orders materials and services as per negotiated and appropriately approved. Review quotations
- Negotiates purchase requisitions, approve and issues purchase orders in accordance with company policy
- Maintains proper procurement attributes of items based on company buying philosophies.
- Tracks Purchasing activity and measurements
- Manages vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships
- Assists department in developing and implementing purchasing strategies for products
- Responsible for planning, developing and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost effective manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications
- Manages the procurement setup of New Product and Product Change implementations.
- Ability to train on all aspects of the procurement process
- Ability to recognize issues and develop solutions for continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to analyze large amounts of data
· Ability to effectively communicate
· Experience procuring medical items
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Procurement certification preferred
· Ability to pass a background and drug check
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org