Quality Inspector II
- Columbus, GA
POSITION OVERVIEW: Quality Assurance Inspector will be expected to conduct sampling inspections, tests and checks in accordance with approved plans and procedures, discuss quality failures encountered during inspection process and assist in determining corrective action to prevent reoccurrence of those errors. Quality Assurance Inspector will be expected to use training, experience and good judgement while performing quality tasks. Works under general supervision. Reports to Quality Assurance Supervisor.
- Perform inspections of purchased parts, subassemblies or finished company products according to well defined criteria
- Conducts sampling inspections, test and checks in accordance with approved plans and procedures
- Rework or reject subassemblies or finished products as required
- Work with Production Management and Quality Assurance Team to provide feedback regarding accuracy of assembly procedures
- Uses basic knowledge of Quality Control concepts, practices, and procedures
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials
- Assists Receiving with Quality Inspection of items during the receiving process
- Document Production non-conformances in accordance with prescribed procedures and processes when required
- Maintain log of any QC errors and run reports weekly to indicate results of inspections
- Provide back-up coverage for other quality positions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows & Office
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of our products and services to effectively handle Quality Inspection issues and/or failures
- Ability to prioritize and shift priorities quickly as need dictates
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Team-oriented with commitment to the success of the team and organizational goals to track and complete assignments
- Ability to multi-task
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working as Quality Assurance Inspector I (or equivalent)
- Quality Assurance Inspector training program (Can be completed while in training)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must possess ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Must possess ability to perform repetitive motion.
- Hours may change due to business necessity.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org