Production Scheduling Assistance
- Full Time
- Columbus, GA
Assist the Production Planner in production planning activities to include run plans, capacity requirements and production expectations. Also, communicate adequate inventory of materials required for production cycles and inventory organizational philosophy.
- Update build points and safety stock based on monthly usage for existing items and creating build points for new items.
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures.
- Analyze ERP/Excel systems to ensure production planning data is accurate. Examples : start date triggers, cycle times, WIP, yield
- Track staging metrics
- Create samples and initial build for new items
- Create R+ records on new assemblies
- Coordinate information with other functional areas including Operations, Product Development, Quality Assurance
- Proactively review Material shortages, stock outages with purchasing and Operations to meet customer demand
- Process CCR’s and rework
- Filing production reports
- DNA batch reports
- Manage KPI stock level reports
- Manage work orders is staging Queue
- Develop run plan from Sales Order and Demand plan through MRP system.
- Responsible reporting metrics of production and capacity metrics to required areas.
- Maintaining and updating work orders to have clear understanding of materials requirement and production plan capabilities.
- Collaborate with quality control, warehouse and other staff
- Update NetSuite with daily build quantities from Production (i.e. adding fields for established daily requirements for each kit)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong PC skills required including use of MS Office applications.
- Interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of organizations.
- Strong in person, phone and written customer communication skills.
- Understanding of workflow systems and their application to customer business process improvement.
- Ability to make formal and informal presentation to staff and clients.
- Strong understanding of MRP transactions, inputs and outputs.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals.
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution preferred
- College degree preferred, 3-5 years managing similar type work in a professional environment.
- All prospective employees must pass a background and drug check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org