- Full Time
- Columbus, GA
POSITION OVERVIEW: Process, post and verify payroll through ADP.
• Review timecard exceptions (missing clock in/out) – Time Card with Notes
• Download and review all time entries and communicate with managers any discrepancies
• Review department hours to ensure compliance with Path-Tec Policy
• Input additional payroll data, i.e. commissions, bonus, WIN, prorated pay, etc.
• Reconcile reports to data input.
• Process Wage Garnishments, Child Support Orders, Court Orders, Any special deductions other than standard
• Review pay statements for loan deductions and update excel recon for the Advance Payments
• Review pay statements for 401K contributions and update 401K excel recon
• Compare current payroll totals/count to last payroll to validate or find discrepancies – Labor Distribution Summary Report
• Review payroll changes report each payroll cycle to validate changes and check for errors
• Analyze, prepare and reconcile general ledger download for input of general ledger into Net Suite
• Enter payroll general ledger data into Net Suite
• Balance Net Suite to GL (Recon for financials)
• Prepare accruals as needed monthly for payroll accounts
• Ensure that all general ledger accounts are downloading accurately for each department
• Review benefit statements for insurance accounts and reconcile monthly
• Prepare journal entries for insurance bills monthly
• Update payroll reconciliation of Statistical Summary each pay week
• Update GL Summary Report each pay week
• Download and process overtime report (monthly)
• Download employee count monthly (active employees)
• Reconcile and prepare check request monthly for United Way
• Stay current on new material on ADP as posted regarding changes and updates to payroll process
• Maintain documentation on how to process payroll
• Other duties as assigned
• The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 2 years of payroll experience including interaction with a large customer base.
LANGUAGE AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
• Strong understanding of basic accounting principles.
• Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Data entry skills
• Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software (NetSuite)
• Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com