- Full Time
- Columbus, GA
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Logistics Coordinator I will support operational activities related to the transport of biological specimens, reports, and supplies. Responsibilities will include tracking specimens from the point of pickup through delivery. The position will act as a liaison between both external and internal partners. Job assignments will be managed without immediate supervision and are evaluated based on performance. Individuals must be able to perform each essential core function as well as monitor and maintain the department service levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience and ability necessary to perform this job.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve day to day logistics, streamline work flows and work diligently to provide quality support and build strong vendor relations
- Answer multi-line phone system
- Update and manage daily logistics reports
- Efficiently and effectively track specimens including proactive troubleshooting and intervention
- Effectively manage vendors to standard operating procedures
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to logistics
- Monitor and trend courier/vendor performance
- Monitor courier dashboard
- Effectively communicate with customer on multiple levels
- Excellent customer service skills
- Execute service strategies and programs for problem resolution
- Manage to service levels that meet customer and operational needs while achieving department goals and objectives
- Collects and trends departmental data and develops proactive actions for related improvement
- Manage and update SpectraPath as needed for Client profiles
- Send daily reports of transit transactions
- Inform management of ongoing performance issues
- Order, track, and report pickup and deliveries
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong PC skills required including use of MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of shipping logistics preferred
- Knowledge of UPS and FedEx network and shipping services
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of our products and services to effectively handle inbound and outbound calls
- Ability to prioritize and shift priorities quickly as need dictates
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Team oriented with commitment to the success of the team and organizational goals
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Work hours are 5:30 AM to 11:30 PM, M – F, Sat 8 AM – 5 PM
- Willingness to work shift work and overtime as required.
- Must possess ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Must possess ability to perform repetitive motion.
- Ability to lift to 30 pounds.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
- Min 2 years’ experience in a service-related area
- All prospective employees must pass a background and drug check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org