- Full Time
- Columbus, GA
POSITION OVERVIEW: Seeking a strong Analyst to support the Finance, Sales, and Operations Departments. The Analyst position will perform advanced analytics centered around logistics revenue and cost, derived from weekly billing files which he/she will prepare and will also provide reporting for Finance, Sales and Operations management. The Analyst will play a key role in executing growth strategy by (i) analyzing weekly billing files from Logistics vendors for contract compliance, (ii) preparing weekly billing files for end customers (iii) preparing and maintaining financial models, various financial analyses and reports to assist leadership in making data-driven informed decisions and (iv) providing research and analytical support for monthly closing process and other ad-hoc requests.
Compensation is competitive, consisting of a base salary and a performance bonus.
- Review and approve weekly logistics vendor invoices for contract compliance.
- Prepare and analyze weekly logistics customer invoicing.
- Prepare weekly financial analysis for Finance, Sales and Operations departments around customer profitability and other logistics targeted functions.
- Produce weekly and monthly operational KPI reports for the team.
- Provide Sales and Finance teams with financial modeling regarding customer activity.
- Work with Sales team on implementation of new logistics customers.
- Assist with review and analysis of logistics service for financial statement monthly close.
- Assist in the budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Perform other ad-hoc reporting and analysis as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to analyze large datasets and use data to explain business drivers, monthly changes and assist management in making informed decisions.
- Specific experience in Parcel and LTL pricing, billing, freight pay and audit with an understanding of UPS and FedEx Parcel and LTL pricing agreements including accessorial charges, discounts and annual accelerators.
- Tableau, PowerBI or other BI tool and experience with SQL or Python preferred. Advanced level Excel aptitude required.
- Strong project management skills.
- Exceptional Communication Skills, both written and oral.
- Attention to Detail
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- 3+ years in logistics, parcel auditing, freight auditing and analytics.
- A solid understanding of finance and generally accepted accounting procedures required
- Must have demonstrable advanced level Excel skills, including developing financial projection models and working with large data sets
- Experience with Tableau, PowerBI or other BI software is highly preferred.
- Experience using SQL or Python is a plus.
- All prospective employees must pass a background and drug check.
- Must be legal to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s (required)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com