Inventory Cost Accountant
- Full Time
- Columbus, GA
Inventory Cost Accountant will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the inventory accounts and the related cost of goods sold accounts within the financial statements on a monthly basis. He/she will be responsible for providing, analyzing and supporting data related to components of cost for all products. He/she will assist in pricing decisions and analysis. The Inventory Cost Accountant will be responsible for product margin analysis at a customer level. This position will be responsible for ongoing projects involving inventory, including billing and disposition of slow-moving inventory, routine cost analysis, review of inventory transactions for accuracy, root cause analysis for anomalies in transactional data and other reporting requests. He/she will be expected to become expert at transactions involving inventory within the NetSuite system. This position will be responsible for coordinating periodic auditor cycle counts with the Operations Inventory team members and outside auditors. This position will work closely with the Operations team.
- Accuracy of Inventory and COGS financial statement presentation
- Analysis of product costing
- Analysis of profitability for products at a sku/customer level
- Inventory related project management
- Ownership of NetSuite inventory transactional data
- Ability to work onsite 8:00 am- 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday, hours may vary with schedule, currently remote
- Other duties as assigned
- Good Communication Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Organizational Skills
- Experienced with Excel
- Problem solving and data analysis skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Bachelor’s or Associates’ degree in Business, Accounting or similar.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience working in general ledger and inventory systems, with NetSuite experience a plus.
- Product, cost accounting and inventory management certifications a plus.
- All prospective employees must pass a background and drug check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org