Human Resources Manager
- Full Time
- Columbus, GA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Incumbent administers human resources policies, programs and practices, including planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating and directing. Formulates policies and procedures for the Human Resources Department and recommends policies and practices.
• Recruit candidates for Path-Tec positions, including screening employment applications, conducting interviews, performing pre-employment tests and obtaining background checks on employees as necessary.
• Administer group benefit programs, workers’ compensation and unemployment insurance.
• Assist in the managing of the Human Resources Team
• Manage and process all payroll and bonuses
• Implements and annually updates compensation program; rewrites/updates job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation
• Monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
• Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career pathing program, employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing; writes and places advertisements.
• Assist in the administration of the labor relations, grievance and equal opportunity programs.
• Advise directors, managers and supervisors of appropriate and legal methods in a variety of personnel actions including disciplinary processes.
• Assist in investigations regarding employee misconduct and complaints.
• Plan, organize and support the agency’s policies through human resource projects and assignments.
• Interpret and apply personnel policies and procedures in specific situations.
• Knowledge of and implementation of Georgia and Federal employment laws and regulations.
• Conduct employee surveys and prepares data and reports.
• Review, revise and develop classification specifications utilized for compensation program.
• Prepare budgets with Finance Director for assigned human resources programs.
• Supervise the Human Resources Department, in addition to, the Agency’s Volunteer Program.
• Process new and terminating employees.
• Conduct research on HR problems and practices.
• Write reports and correspondence and communicates with other employees on an ongoing basis.
• Assist with coordination of selected Agency-wide training sessions.
• Serve on various agency committees as assigned.
• Answer all questions that pertain to Human Resources issues and topics.
• Perform other related duties as necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business administration, public administration, or related field preferred. Masters degree preferred.
• Five years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resource administration.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be applied.
• Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
• Excellent listening and presentation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Work hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, M – F
• All prospective employees must pass a background and drug check.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com