General Ledger Accountant
- Full Time
- Columbus, GA
POSITION OVERVIEW: Provide appropriate accounting information to subordinates, peers, and management. Ensure that all information needed for close is entered in the ledger accurately and make correcting entries as needed. Insure that the AR department functions are timely and accurate. Assist various departments with accounting issues and queries.
Daily / Weekly Duties
- Assist with Implementation of New Customers, including obtaining all documentation of implementation, accurate setup in NetSuite and SpectraPath, and all documents filed accordingly
- Assist with Collection process, as needed
- Review and follow up on all Product Changes
- Post AR Payments in NetSuite in a timely and accurate manner
- Post AP and Credit Card transactions in NetSuite and reconcile to General Ledger
- Become backup for Logistics Billing (Carrier and Courier) for Customers, including attachments
- Assist in preparing Logistics Gross Profit Report (Carrier and Courier) for Revenue reconciliation procedures
- Become backup for Product Billing for Customers, including attachments
- Assist Financial Analyst in Advance Payment requests to customers by preparing the Advance Request and posting payments of Advance Requests
- Assist various departments with accounting issues and queries.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations as needed.
- Assist in financial close revenue and expense reconciliations.
- Assist in financial close journal entry preparation and control.
- Prepare and analyze financial reports as required.
- Work with internal and external auditors supplying information and explanations as required.
- Assist in Financial Close for year-end
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Process Improvement and/or problem solving for accounting department
- Manage/answer/resolve emails that come through the AR email, including delegating tasks as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills on controversial or complex topics to top management and/or board of directors.
- Must be analytical and highly skilled with Excel and have experience with financial accounting and ERP systems.
- Effective communication skills with internal and external customers
- Bachelor Degree (B.A.) in Accounting from an accredited four-year college or university
- 1 – 3 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- All prospective employees must pass a background and drug check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org