- Full Time
- Columbus, GA
POSITION OVERVIEW: Create and/or oversee all production planning activities to include run plans, capacity requirements and production expectations. Also, communicate adequate inventory of materials required for production cycles and inventory organizational philosophy.
· Implement production strategy and policies.
· Provide detail master plan of which products to run at each station for each shift and continually modify based on production execution and run rates.
· Forecast capacity requirements.
· Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures.
· Schedule all phases of manufacturing to support on-time delivery to customers
· Analyze ERP/Excel systems to ensure production planning data is accurate. Examples : start date triggers, cycle times, WIP, yield
· Schedule demand based on product mix and provide accurate commitment dates to Marketing & Sales teams across multiple customers / projects
· Track performance to metrics : Master Schedule Attainment, On-time delivery, Inventory accuracy
· Calculate product specific lead times
· Coordinate information with other functional areas including Operations, Product Development, Quality Assurance
· Proactively review Material shortages, stock outages with purchasing and Operations to meet customer demand
· Continually develop expertise to support growth for new projects.
· Develop run plan from Sales Order and Demand plan through MRP system.
· Discuss reasons with targeted teams if actual production did not meet the requirement plan.
· Responsible reporting metrics of production and capacity metrics to required areas.
· Analyze production trends for finished good stocking levels to recommend new levels or increased capacity.
· Maintain work orders to have clear understanding of materials requirement and production plan capabilities.
· Collaborate with quality control, warehouse and other staff
· Plan and prioritize operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay
- Other duties as assigned.
· Strong PC skills required including use of MS Office applications.
· Interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of organizations.
· Strong in person, phone and written customer communication skills.
· Understanding of workflow systems and their application to customer business process improvement.
· Ability to make formal and informal presentation to staff and clients.
· Strong understanding of MRP transactions, inputs and outputs.
· Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals.
· Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated.
· Four-year college degree from an accredited institution preferred
- College degree preferred, 3-5 years managing similar type work in a professional environment.
- APICS certification preferred
- All prospective employees must pass a background and drug check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org