Here at Path-Tec, the safety and wellness of our employees and customers is our primary concern as we all manage through the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We have taken a significant number of steps to protect our employees and we continue to plan for any potential issues that could interrupt our normal business operations.
Actions we are taking:
We are monitoring the information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), OSHA and federal, state and local agencies to help ensure the actions we’re taking are in line with the latest CDC recommendations and guidance.
- We have created a cross-functional COVID-19 task force consisting of Operations, Human Resources, Safety, and myself (President/CEO). The task force meets daily to discuss the latest information and determine any additional steps necessary to protect our employees and customers.
- All employees that can work from home have been identified and set up to work remotely. We have taken numerous additional steps to reduce the risks of the remaining onsite staff to ensure we can continue to service our customers.
- We have provided all of our employees a significant amount of training to protect themselves and others from being infected.
- We have limited building access to only employees of the company and implemented temperature screening at the entry points.
- At this point, we are not seeing significant supply chain shortages in the majority of items used for specimen collection but there are shortages in specific areas such as swabs and viral transport media. We are working with customers individually that need these products to ensure we secure additional inventory or find acceptable substitutes.
We are taking all necessary steps to ensure we protect our employees which will help minimize any impact to our customers. In this very dynamic situation, we will continue to monitor our supply chain status and provide regular communications to keep you up to date should anything change.
We appreciate your partnership with Path-Tec and sincerely thank you for your business!
President & CEO